The Hall of Botched Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Calgary Sanctuary, Canada - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh August 12th 2018, 15:04

She sighed, shaking her head almost amused.

"Right. And yeah, Barcelona. Mom we ..."

Helen shook her head.

"Not alone you won't."

She sighed.

"I'll take Henry with me. And Kate if I can get in touch with her."

Helen seemed to hesitate slightly, not sure about sending them, and clearly unsure of how much time she had to make the decision, particularly with the trip coming up.

Meanwhile, Chris had seen Sarah's stiffening reaction and excused himself, walking over to her.

"Hey, you alright?"

He paused as he caught her glance at the new girl, and to her surprise, he actually chuckled slightly.

"Is it her that has you on edge? I thought you knew ..."

Clearly he knew something that she didn't, which might explain why he wasn't fazed by whatever was happening when the girl was around.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis August 12th 2018, 16:32

Michael sighed. "I suppose I can go."

YAY! Botched SAN check...
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

https://hallofbotchedrecords.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker August 13th 2018, 14:09

Sarah glanced to Chris as he spoke to her now, though part of her gaze kept focused on the source of unease. "...If there's some special power or something she has, it'd be nice to know," she deadpans.

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh August 15th 2018, 06:01

Helen sighed.

"Fine, just be careful, all of you. This seems ... odd they'd set up for an attack when they have Lazarus going, but this attack could be for something they're using Lazarus as a cover for I suppose. Good luck."

Chris sighed, looking at Sarah for a moment before responding.

"What I'm about to tell you only Gwen, Helen and I, and now you know. And there's a reason for this which I'll explain in a moment. Alice is ... well, for lack of a better term she's an amplifier. She exudes a natural ability to cause the latent abilities of other abnormals to become enhanced, or easier to manipulate for them. She's ... rather uncomfortable about her ability thanks to her recent misadventures. Suffice it to say she was a prisoner of the Cabal for a time, and during that time they wanted to use her power for their experiments. They did all kinds of things to her, and tortured her, trying to get her to give in to them. Her physical wounds have healed up ... but the mental wounds they inflicted on her? Those may never heal. It's why she keeps to herself, despite knowing we're all supposed to be friends and family ... she's scared shitless she'll get caged up by them again."

He paused, shaking his head.

"What you're probably feeling is her ability trying to 'blend' with your own stuff, though it may not be able to fully do so in your case. Most people aren't even aware of it, they feel nothing. I only do because well ... vampire, our senses are heightened. And I can tell you now, she knows your on edge, and it bothers her. From what I understand, someone she trusted who found out about her ability sold out and betrayed her to the Cabal, that's how she got taken. And before you ask, they've been dealt with. Harshly."

The last bit was said with a tone of voice that might make Sarah not want to ask just how this person had been 'dealt with.'

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 August 29th 2018, 16:12

The silence stretched on, until Winona shifted and cleared her throat, adjusting her cold weather gear. "Well then. Shall we begin?" She asked lightly, holding a hand out to John in a manner that suggested she was expecting to dance, rather than being whisked across the globe in an instant.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker September 2nd 2018, 05:05

Sarah sighs, giving a shrug. "When things happen automatically, hard to stop em. But hey, least I know now. Let's get this show on the road then. That way we can stop more people getting [REDACTED] over by the Cabal."

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh September 24th 2018, 19:29

Chris nodded.

"Agreed."

Helen sighed, then nodded.

"Alright, let's get moving. Chris, take Ashley, Henry and Mr, Umbral to Barcelona and then meet us at the designated point with anyone who is left here. Time is wasting, and I dislike that."

((Moving everyone to a new thread based on where they were going.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh March 8th 2021, 15:14

((Going to do a time skip here to get things moving again for everyone.))

Much had gone on in the last 4 days. The group had returned from Tibet only to discover Ashley, Umbral and Henry had vanished. It had taken two days to locate Ashley and Henry, then rescue them from the Cabal facility.

Two more days had passed with Ashley having fallen into a coma of some kind, and no sign or word regarding Umbral. At least, not until this morning when word had reached them he may have been spotted near a cave on the Island of Dolls, near Mexico City. There had also come news that several of the Montana test subjects had vanished, believed to be kidnapped. From the sounds of it, the Cabal might be involved there, and one of the subjects, a woman named Hannah, had contacted Magnus earlier stating she felt she was being followed, and needed help.

Fortunately, Nikola seemed to have found something that might cure the Lazarus Virus the day before, so some of the Sanctuary people were distributing that to those who had been infected, including their own.

Meanwhile, some of the others had chosen to take a trip to Mexico City looking for Umbral. Chris meanwhile had gone to Mexico City on his own, looking to try and assist Hannah, if he could find her.

Still others were here at the Sanctuary, helping those in need.

((I'll let you post what Winona is doing, if she's helping get the cure out to those in the med bays or what she's doing before we proceed with what we spoke about for keeping her busy.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 March 10th 2021, 20:46

Winona had little in the way of applicable medical knowledge, but her bedside manner was impeccable, so she was in the med bay, playing assistant and offering what aid she could while the team was dividing their attentions.

((Not too much, but it is progress, lol.))
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh April 8th 2021, 10:03

There was no shortage of things to do either.  Despite Nikola's cure, it seemed those who had been infected would take a little time still to fully recover, many of them still too weak to stand now that the virus wasn't pumping them full of rage and adrenaline.

Unfortunately, there were those with other medical conditions that still had to be addressed, namely Miranda, who had fallen into some kind of coma herself.  Given her other condition, they could only assume that was a very bad thing, though there wasn't much they could do for her at the moment but hope for the best.

As Winona was departing one patient's side, Juliara and Alice entered the room looking glum.  Upon seeing her, Juliara called out to Winona.

"Hey Winona?  How are things going up here? Hopefully better than on our end?"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 April 10th 2021, 15:57

Winona easily kept herself busy, the confident clicking of her strides across the floor quickly becoming a welcome presence among those she was caring for.

When the pair arrived, she offered them a smile, switching the food tray full of empty dishes to one hand to give them a small wave. "Things are going as well as can be expected." She answered, motioning for them to follow her as she continued to work. "Progress on all fronts, though slow. How is your end coming along?"
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh May 30th 2021, 11:08

The two girls shared a look, both semi sighing before Juliara responded.

"Well it was going well until earlier. The one you call the big guy? He's quite sick, and well ... He's refusing to take Nikola's drug. I don't know how much longer his body will hold out for. We were hoping maybe a more ... familiar face might help?"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 June 1st 2021, 11:59

"I see. I will see what I can do, of course. I do believe I am one of the few here that holds any sort of spiritual side approaching his. That is likely where his refusal stems from." Winona answered simply, concern crossing her features. "He would still be in his room, yes?" She asked, heading that way when Juliara confirmed it.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh June 2nd 2021, 08:29

Juliara nodded, seeming relieved.

"Yes, he's too weak to even move now. I fear without this treatment, he won't live much longer."

Upon entering his room, Winona would see Juliara wasn't kidding. Big Guy looked like absolute hell warmed over, flash frozen and then half thawed out again. For the moment though, he didn't even acknowledge anyone was in the room with him.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 June 5th 2021, 16:37

Winona stood by the door for a moment, watching him. When he didn't seem to notice her entrance, she spoke up. "Hey there, big Guy. Heard you've been refusing your medicine." She said softly, her tone a little teasing.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh June 10th 2021, 22:12

For a few moments, she might wonder if he was just going to ignore her as he made no sign he'd even heard her. Finally, there was a short sound that may have been a sigh, followed by, "you heard correctly. I hope ... you are well?"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 June 26th 2021, 13:23

Winona remained at the door as she waited, standing silently until he responded. Once he had, she approached, taking a seat beside him. "It would appear I am lucky enough that my system does not react to the virus. Too different, Henry called me a Macintosh." She told him, smirking softly.

"You are not quite so lucky, however. Your own methods don't seem to be helping."
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 1st 2021, 18:33

There was another pause before he responded.

"That is good ... and ah yes ... Henry would compare you to a computer ..."

There was another long pause as he seemed to consider how to respond to her last comment. Finally, he spoke, albeit in a much lower tone than she'd ever heard him use.

"It is a ... complicated thing. Difficult to ... explain. Suffice to say ... if I take this ... concotion created by Nikola ... I will no longer be welcome among the remains of my people. It is ... a shame he had to be a part of this. You will find none amongst my kind willing ... to accept his work."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 July 1st 2021, 21:11

Winona nodded. "It is not the best of circumstances, in any way. But I think it would be best to reframe the circumstances. You have the chance to lead your people here. You could save a great many lives." She told him, pausing briefly. "I see three outcomes. You could not take it, and most likely die, as well as with most of your kind. You can take it, survive, and perhaps encourage others to also survive. Or you could take it, survive, and fail to convince others, which may wind up with most of your kind passing as well."

"Is that possible success worth the risk, to you?"
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 5th 2021, 11:00

There was a very long pause, and at the very least, it seemed he was truly weighing her words carefully. FInally he responded.

"What you must understand is that ... it is WHO created it that is the issue, not the drug itself. If not for that ... but perhaps ... I have no wish to die, however ... I do not wish to risk losing the rest of my kind either to this virus ... or to their own ... stubborness. Perhaps though ... perhaps there is a way yet. Perhaps ... they need not know Nikola had any hand in the creation ... perhaps there is yet a way ... It is my understanding Helen and Chris had quite a bit of input in this creation. Perhaps it would be palatable for the others ... if they were told Nikola merely ... consulted, and did not actually manufacture it? It is not entirely a lie, Helen wouldn't let him program the devices ... she and Chris did it themselves, and my kind have no issue with either. Yes ... perhaps you have given me an opening after all."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 July 6th 2021, 10:44

"I understand that it is his involvement that is the issue. But whatever else you and your people may think of him, he is intelligent, and self-interested. Helping us and making an effective cure are in his best interest, and he is smart enough to do so effectively. That is what it boils down to."
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 29th 2021, 12:54

He was silent for a moment before responding.

"No one questions his intelligence. What they question is if there's ... anything else in this cure. He does have a reputation for trying to ... slip things in unnoticed to revive his race ... something my kind do not want to see done. Overall the vampire race ... well let's just say they're gone for a reason ... But ... he may have had a hand in this, but Helen and Chris actually ... manufactured it. And they know his tendencies ... they'd have made sure he didn't ... add anything unwanted. I believe ... yes, I believe this can work ... I will risk it. If you bring this ... cure to me ... I will permit you to do what you need to. Then ... when I am well enough ... I will help you try to convince the others."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 July 31st 2021, 09:41

Winona gave a solemn nod. "Thank you. I will go and collect it, then." She said simply, giving the big guy a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder as she stood, then filed out.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh September 8th 2021, 13:26

Winona made her way to the medical bay closest to the room. Perhaps things were finally going to go well for a change, they had a cure for the Lazarus Virus, and the Cabal had been mostly quiet for a bit now, though that wasn't necessarily a good thing either.

As she grew closer though, she began to hear odd sounds. It actually sounded like there was some sort of struggle going on inside the medical room. As she got closer to the room, the wall suddenly exploded outward, and Juliara was sent flying through the hole that formed. She crashed to the ground at Winona's feet, blood pouring down her arm from a nasty gash. A gash that looked like something with claws had attacked her.

At that moment, another figure became visible in the hole that had formed in the wall, one that might cause a moment of confusion for Winona. The figure belonged to Ashley, though ... it seemed Ashley wasn't Ashley any more. It took a moment, but it suddenly dawned on Winona that Ashley had long, razor sharp claws, and her features had changed. Another moment passed before Winona would realize that Ashley was in vampire form, similar to Chris and Nikola when they transformed. And that was something that wasn't normal for her, nor was the look of hostility and pure malice on the girl's face. It seemed Ashley had attacked Juliara ... and it was pretty likely the Cabal had something to do with this...

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 September 9th 2021, 20:54

Winona frowned, Walking a little faster as she heard the sounds coming from the lab. She didn't need to wait long to discover what the commotion is, Juliara coming through the wall and landing before her. Surprisingly, Ashley follows her through the gap, looking transformed, and vicious, both of which was unusual for her.

Slowly, Winona crouched down to check on Juliara, maintaining eye contact with the vamped out Magnus daughter. "Ashley. What's going on here?" She asked softly, her tone neutral, if a bit cautious.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum