The Hall of Botched Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Calgary Sanctuary, Canada - Page 2 Empty Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker July 19th 2018, 20:13

Sarah is rubbing her temple, thinking over everything as she tapped her foot. Still, the continued concern of a floor or two down does have her weighted down as well, the stress on the younger woman's form.

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 July 23rd 2018, 14:16

The trio was shortly joined by Winona, the slim woman giving them each a nod as she wandered in.

"Thought I'd poke around now that the security levels have dropped. Is everything alright?" She asked in a concerned tone.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 24th 2018, 16:47

Henry sighed as he turned to Winona, beginning to explain everything that had gone on, and that both the Big Guy and Miranda were infected with the Cabal's Lazarus Virus.

Meanwhile Helen had returned from whatever it was she'd been doing, and spotting Sarah still there, and Winona, she added, "I need to know now if either of you wishes to come to Tibet with us, or remain here. Michael, am i correct in that you'll want to stay and review the library? If you wish to come you'd be welcome of course."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis July 24th 2018, 17:28

Michael had seemed to drift into thought, until being shook out of it by Helen's question. "Yes, I think I'll remain here. There's a couple of threads in the materials in the library I need to finish following... Nothing too promising, but better not to leave them unchecked."

YAY! Botched SAN check...
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

https://hallofbotchedrecords.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker July 24th 2018, 18:45

"Yeah, just... thinking," Sarah admits, nodding to the first voice that spoke up. When Helen comes up, her head tilts a bit and she goes to move. "Uh, yeah, yeah. I'll go, sure. Better than standing here with my fingers up the proverbial orifice..." she mumbles, quickly going to move to get her gear.

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 July 24th 2018, 20:29

"I've always wanted to see Tibet." Winona answered Helen with a smile. "I could be of some use supporting this mission as well, from what I understand."
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 26th 2018, 16:06

Sarah's response got a small chuckle out of Helen, who then turned to Winona as the other woman left.

"Given you've hinted at knowledge regarding certain ... structures, I'm hoping you'll be able to provide more than just support. The sample we need ... well ... it was hidden away inside an Ancient Vampire fortress that I'm not entirely sure where it is but for some vague coordinates."

By the time Sarah had finished gathering her gear and made it to the main lobby, Chris, Watson and a redheaded woman she'd never seen before suddenly appeared in the middle of the room. One look at him told Sarah that Chris was very angry with something. He stormed off, muttering something about wringing Umbral's neck, even as the redhead chased after him, calling out to him and saying what Sarah could have sworn sounded like either baby, or something along those lines when talking to him.

After they were gone, Watson, who had remained silent suddenly started chuckling, seeming rather amused. However as he spotted Sarah, he became unreadable again, politely nodding his head to her.

"Sarah, a pleasure to see you again, though I do wish it were under better circumstances."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 July 26th 2018, 20:45

Winona nodded. "Vague coordinates seems like an oxymoron, but I'll see what I can do. Best bring enough supplies for at least one night out there. If there are none of my kind in the area, I'll have to spread out and search manually." She answered, turning. "I believe I have some warm weather attire. When do we leave?"
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker July 27th 2018, 01:06

Sarah quickly packed together equipment- firearms, serum case, notepad, just packing everything into a very well-worn carpet bag, before tossing a well-used trenchcoat over her shoulders as she moved to catch up with the rest. She ponders for a moment as she adds the untested medusa serum with the rest of her transformative serums. Doesn't hurt to have options.

She gives Chris and the redhead a glance as they leave, but she shrugs and nods to Watson as well. "Indeed. Though it feels like that's how it's spoken at any form nowadays," she deadpans. "More came up I take it?"

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 27th 2018, 08:32

This time Watson couldn't resist full out laughing.

"You could say that. Apparently, before his transformation, Chris and the lovely redhead, Juliara I believe she said her name was ... Well apparently they were what I think the going term now is an item. She came to me not long ago looking for him, off a hint from someone named Michael Umbral. Evidently he forgot to mention to Chris she was still alive. I'd imagine this will be a most interesting conversation between them. Enough of that though. Tell me, how are our two patients in the medical bay?"

Helen sighed.

"As soon as Watson and Chris return, and everyone is packed to go. The good news is anything we forget to bring, or need we can always send Chris or John back to get, which gives us a decided advantage in saving time. I'd like to be gone in no more than twenty minutes, we have no idea how long Miranda or Big Guy have. Probably less for her due to her hyper-metabolism."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis July 27th 2018, 11:22

By the time that Chris and the redhead finally locate Michael, he's back in the library with one of the smaller cases of materials from his trunk... And is looking at a newspaper clipping from it with a frown on his face.

Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 27th 2018, 12:57

Chris paused for a fraction of a second before pressing in to the room, the redhead right behind him. Finally he stopped just a few feet behind him, still clenching his fists before he spoke. His voice, despite his anger, was eerily calm.

"So, when were you planning on telling me she was still alive?"

To which the redhead spoke for the first time.

"Why didn't you tell him anyway? After what I told you ... you had to know he'd have come looking."

If he turned to look at them, the redhead seemed calm, if not questionative. Chris however seemed to be barely controlling the urge to come across the room and do something bad to Umbral.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis July 27th 2018, 13:27

Michael barely reacted, not even really looking up. "I had thought you would have already known, given that I'd passed along the information about the Sanctuary to her a couple of years ago when she needed help looking. Besides, I didn't exactly have a number to pass along."

He sighed, then leaned back slightly from looking at the clipping. "Not to mention, there was something a little more pressing going on when we met. Perhaps moreso now, given what's happened here."

Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker July 27th 2018, 17:19

Sarah sighed. "Indeed. Sooner we can stabilize Miranda in particular so... other treatments may perhaps be administered, the better for her case." Shaking her head, she double checked the shotgun she carried before stuffing it under her coat. "Big Guy may at least be able to hold out for now. But yeah... either way let's not delay too much."

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 28th 2018, 02:03

Juliara sighed.

"Shortly after that I ended up having unwelcomed guests following me. I only actually made it to London's Sanctuary a day ago. Though I was able to pick up some useful information because of it. I don't know all of the details, but the Cabal are up to something much more than Lazarus. And after some recent ... breaches in their security ... They've started eliminating anyone that knows things who they don't need anymore. What I can say for sure is that Lazarus is a stepping stone to whatever their endgame is. Beyond that ... well let's just say I'm lucky to have gotten that much."

Chris grumbled slightly.

"Alright I'll give you that. Wait, did you find something else out now?"

Watson nodded, his shoulders slumping just a bit.

"So it's that time for her then? That puts us further against the clock. Fortunately, we have nearly door to door service. Of course, there is still the small matter of actually finding the fortress. And then the tests. Regardless, I'm sure we'll come up with a solution. Though I fear we're missing something here, some larger piece to this puzzle."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis July 28th 2018, 10:23

Michael sighed. "Yes and no. During one of my last raids, I picked up this, mixed in among the other information. It's out of place, so it's been bothering me... But I'm starting to think there may be some kind of significance to it, perhaps as some manner of additional test or raid."

As he was speaking, Michael set the newspaper clipping down. The story on it was about an upcoming concert at the Palau de la Música Catalana in Barcelona. How much Chris or Juliara understand of the story would vary, depending on how fluent they were in Spanish.

Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 28th 2018, 13:01

Juliara took one look at it and sighed.

"I think I maybe can read every ninth word of that."

Chris meanwhile took a few moments to read, frowning.

"I can make out just enough of this to get the gist of what's going on. You're right, it's out of place for the Cabal. Not much time though, that concert is tomorrow night."

((I may call you later on, I had an idea for how Ashley gets involved in on this as we spoke about.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 July 28th 2018, 19:11

Winona simply nodded to Helen, and left for her quarters again, returning in about ten minutes wearing some thicker clothing, and with a small bag over one shoulder. "Ready when you are." She offered simply.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 29th 2018, 16:59

Helen nodded.

"John should have gotten Clara by now, and Chris should have returned with Watson already. The others ought to be in the main foyer by now, let's go."

Chris meanwhile looked back at Umbral.

"We should head back to the main foyer, Helen will be there and she'll want to know what you found."

While Sarah and Watson spoke, Gwen, John, Clara and the new girl who hadn't been introduced yet, the one that had made Sarah feel a bit odd entered the area. Again, as she entered, Sarah felt something odd, but she couldn't quite place it. Something though was definitely up, and the girl seemed to be the cause of it, though a look at her told her if the girl knew she was doing anything, she hid it well. Perhaps she had no idea?

((I'll wait for a response from Wolf so we can tie up one final loose end before shifting them to Tibet. In the meantime can have some character interactions if you like.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis July 30th 2018, 11:22

Michael nodded, picked up the clipping, and started heading for the foyer. He remained quiet, head bowed in thought, although perhaps slightly cocked to one side as if listening for something.

Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker August 1st 2018, 04:08

"Indeed.... It was known prior, but sadly not long enough to stop this before it got worse and all that. What's done is done, let's get this over with."

Again, that strange feeling. Sarah would stiffen up a little bit, looking a little more wary again.

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh August 2nd 2018, 12:45

Watson only nodded in response, having gone silent when John had entered the room.

Clara and Gwen appeared to be saying something to the girl, however Sarah couldn't make it out. Whatever was said though got a slow nod from the girl, so she was agreeing or replying affirmative to something.

Magnus and Winona arrived at the foyer almost at the same time Chris, Juliara and Umbral did. As they arrived, Chris opened his mouth and called out for Helen to join his group for a moment. As she did, Ashley came in another door, saw them and bounded over to them, interjecting.

"Mom! I just got word from one of our sources, major Cabal movement, possibly a sting to capture abnormals ..."

Chris glanced at Umbral and softly whispered, "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

((Giving him the chance to mention Barcelona rather than Chris.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis August 2nd 2018, 12:46

Even before Chris whispered anything, Michael spoke up, cutting off Ashley. "Barcelona."

Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh August 3rd 2018, 01:58

Ashley stopped in mid sentence, turning to face him, blinking several times.

"Yeah, how the hell did you ... wait, who are you?"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis August 3rd 2018, 10:21

Michael shrugged, then held up the newspaper clipping. "Newcomer."

Seretis
Seretis
Admin